Monday 31 March 2014

York Times!

Firstly, sorry for the lack of blog posts recently! Me and Lizzy have been propa busy getting new jobs, planning a wedding and just generally being alive! We're still the shopaholics you know and love you just haven't seen as many of our purchases as you usually do! (Don't worry there's loads).

So yesterday was Mother's Day! Cos my mam lives up in the homeland aka the toon we decided to meet half way which just happens to be the beauty that is York. Absolute belter of a city, I haven't been for a few years so it was a nice little treat to look forward to. And the train tickets are only £6! I mean it costs more for a fuckin dayrider to get to Meadowhall!!! 



So any trip obvs means mint outfit and outfit planning all week. Now thanks to my little beaut at work Sophs, I managed to bag myself an absolutely amazing Topshop Boutique sale buy. Down from £110 I got this dress for £15!!!! I feel Rachel Zoe would be so proud of me!!!! #livinginstyle (ps yes I have ordered the new book OBVS!)

Any dress like this MUST be teamed with a Chanel. Once you go Chanel you never go back!!!!! 


I feel that York is so quaint but very chic and you need to have some kind of vintage feel about you when wandering the cobbled streets and eating at Betty's Tearoom! Obvs had to go for a Mother's Day treat. Salad and then a cake. Ooooops I'm supposed to be on a wedding diet!!!!!! Fucks sake!!!!!


It was heart shaped though so wedding related.



Me and my mam see each other now about once a month. It's hard living away from your best friend but we've become pros now since I moved away when I was 19. It just makes the time we have together even more special. So much goss we never come up for air but there's still plenty of time to drink cocktails and wine and then go for more food. Soz Betty's!!!!!



My mam looking amazing in her Topshop outfit!!! She loves a bit of daughters discount hahaha. Too cool though, I know where I get my fashion sense from especially because we have the same top and I want this coat!!! Shan!



We did go other places not just Betty's hahaha think we were mortal by that point though!!! Soz!!!!


There's always time for a Jo Malone treat for my stylish babestation of a mam. ❤️❤️❤️

Hope you all had a crackin Mother's Day!

Lots of love and mama T lovin, Becca Hippie xxxxx



Dress - Topshop Boutique
Coat - Topshop
Hat - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment